Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Waiting for Megaglobe

Waiting for a search engine to launch isn't exactly the same as waiting for the new PS3 which comes out tomorrow or waiting for that new Elmo doll, but somewhere, possibly all around the world, there are people chanting We Want Megaglobe. If you don't know about Megaglobe, it's an international search engine which has an ad insertion system which works something like the ad insertion systems other big search engines have, but this one is friendlier towards the little guy or gal. That is, it's not too expensive so small and medium sized businesses can get in on these ads which are tied to searches and tags and so on. The deal with Megaglobe is that their page doesn't do any searches yet. So if you are like me and you have been to the Megaglobe site a few times, you may be asking yourself if the wait is going to be worth it. I'm guessing that it will and I'm optimistic about that. I'm not impatient yet, but I'd like to see the Megaglobe search in action. Megaglobe makes it sound big, like some of the other search engines. Except for Ask, which sounds personal but not big.

This video is my personal plea for the Megaglobe developers to finish the job and unleash the engine. It may not sound too much like a plea, but I was tired when I made it and it took a long time to think about how many search engines are already out there. This one needs to stand out in order to get some attention.

The poor image quality is thanks to YouTube who like to compress the videos you put there at a setting of about 10% quality. It looked really good on my computer!



No comments: