Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Peter King

I watched the Monday night football game between the Chicago Bears and the Arizona Cardinals and it was a very strange game with a bizarre ending. Peter King of Sports Illustrated calls it one of the biggest choke jobs in sports history. I think Peter King is an excellent writer and I enjoy his column, but he may be jumping the gun a little bit with this one. The Cardinals are not a particularly good team, and the Bears were 5-0 entering the game, so even though it was a huge collapse, I'm not sure it's up there with the Yankees letting the Red Sox come back from a 3-0 deficit, or Mike Tyson losing to Buster Douglas, or the U. of Virginia men's basketball team losing to Chaminade. Those were real choke jobs. Yes, the Bears had six turnovers and no offensive touchdowns and won the game, but I think Peter may have had a little too much coffee before he wrote that column.

No comments: