Thursday, August 23, 2007

Bathroom conversation

Last week we took a trip to Catalina island from Dana Point. Expensive and short, but it was fun. However, I had an encounter in the restroom prior to the boat ride which was very bizarre. I was in the only stall in the men's room and the bathroom was otherwise empty. Some guy came in and tried to open the stall door by shaking it. Then he said "I guess someone's in there" to himself. He waited about 30 seconds then announced loudly, "hey can you speed it up in there?" I ignored him only because I couldn't imagine that he was talking to me. 15 seconds later he yelled again "you need to speed it up in there! People are waiting." I don't think I've ever spoken to someone from a bathroom stall before, but I said "I've been in there for 2 minutes. Wait your turn." I left about a minute later and shook my head as I walked past him. I'm assuming that he had some issues which were not going to be resolved through any discussion I could have had with him.

No comments: