Thursday, November 30, 2006

Technology bites back

It hasn't been a good day with technology. In the morning, I couldn't help my sons print their homework and ended up writing out a note to each of their teachers explaining that I had a computer problem and they would turn in the work tomorrow. Of course, five minutes after they went to school, everything printed. Then I worked on my presentation for a meeting this afternoon for a couple of hours, saved it and then copied it to my hard drive which I took to work. When I got there, no files had been copied and I had to re-create the presentation in about 20 minutes. I tried to call my wife and have her email it to me from home, but she had turned off her phone. So much for cell phones. Finally, I got an email from the Vizio tech support about my TV image problems. The guy said it was probably my Dish HD box and that I might not even be getting an HD signal. Nice try, but that's not the problem. It's the TV and I'm going to return it. It's always an easy out to blame the other guy for your problem.

No comments: