Monday, November 06, 2006

PS3 in ten days

SFGate has a long article about the new Playstation 3, coming to the U.S. on November 17th. At $499 and $599, it's very expensive. Sony hopes that people will appreciate the fact that it includes a Blu-Ray DVD player, which currently sells for around $1000. I don't know about that since those players should start dropping in price quickly and the PS3 probably won't drop too fast. With a limited supply available, the price will stay high and they will be for sale on eBay at even more than list price since so many people won't be able to get them. I have seen only one review of a PS3 game and it wasn't very positive. The game didn't take much advantage of the 1080p resolution. I'm sure there will be some great games eventually, but I think we will wait before buying the PS3. At least I'm hoping we will wait...

No comments: