Thursday, October 25, 2007

Soccer season may have to be extended

I can't actually find out what kind of measurements are being used to determine how bad the air is here in Temecula, but since school is closed for 2 days and there hasn't been any soccer practice the entire week, it's got to be bad. I can smell the fire in my yard and I am many miles away, but I'd like some sense of just how bad it is. Particulate counts or whatever measurement is used would be helpful. I'd also like to know how long it takes for that stuff to go away. We have been getting headaches and irritated sinuses and throats, and we can't see too far. I wonder if there is some kind of home kit to measure air quality.

So if it's bad enough that you can't practice on Friday evening, how likely is it that you can play a game on Saturday morning? Not very likely, in my mind, but I'd like to have a way to quantify that. Considering that the main fields for the U-8 and U-10 games are being used as an evacuation center right now, it might be hard to play soccer unless everyone has cleared out by Friday.

No comments: