Friday, October 26, 2007

AntiRSI

I have had lots of time with sore fingers, wrists and shoulders in the past few months due to my excessive use of a Macbook Pro. The laptop keyboard isn't so great when you are using it 8 hours a day. I get worn out by the end of the week and would like to take a break to save my body.

I came across the freeware applicaton AntiRSI which is a little program that reminds you to take breaks while you are at the computer. It is set up with a short - 15 second break -- every few minutes and then a longer break (3 minutes) every 50 minutes or so. Those might not be the exact numbers because I changed the settings and don't remember the defaults, but it seems like a good idea and it does seem to help. I don't know if there is any science behind the timing or duration of the breaks, but I like stopping every so often and I think it has helped. I've still got some soreness, but it's not as intense.

No comments: