Friday, April 06, 2007

False precision

I think the thing that bothered me about my experience with the chiropractor was the false precision involved in some of the discussion. Saying that with a pinched nerve I was at 45% function didn't impress me. No x-rays, no real way of knowing what was wrong other than my own description. And then saying that it would take exactly 57 visits to cure the problem and it would just happen to cost $4000 seemed pretty dubious. That plus the application to finance the bill over 5 years wasn't what I had expected when I went there.

Putting ice on my back several times a day and stretching has really improved things to the point where I can move around without too much pain, although I can't sit for extended periods without my back getting tight.

No comments: