Monday, February 19, 2007

College student living in his truck

There was a period of about 2 months years ago when I had no place to live except the back of my old station wagon. I kept most of my stuff in two storage units, which I visited almost every day. I kept a small amount of things in my car and used the gym for showers in the morning. Eventually I found a place to live and ended my days of living in the car. The LA Times has a story in today's edition about a guy who has been living in his truck for more than a year. Andy Bussel has been doing it for 19 months. He's a full time student with a job at the local Apple store. To me, it would have gotten old and limited your options a little too much after that long. I guess the money savings part of it is nice, but the hassle of having to move around and knowing where the police won't bother you every night is too much work. I never had a problem myself other than being told by the police I couldn't park in certain places a couple of times.Link

No comments: