Friday, December 22, 2006

Costco moves stuff around

I drove about 20 miles to another Costco beyond the one in my town to pick up something that was only available there. It was a gift certificate to a local spa. I looked all around the store but didn't find it. It wasn't in the area with the other gift cards. Finally I asked a manager and she said it was in the Christmas gifts section. I went back there and didn't find it. I looked around some more and asked another manager. He said they had moved it this morning but he didn't know where it was, so he would just get the product number for me and I could pay for it that way. Sounded good. He had to deal with a problem in the digital camera display so I had to wait there with him. As he did that, I noticed that the gift card I was looking for was stacked up behind the digital cameras! I'm not sure anyone would have looked there. It wasn't even on display. Maybe they really do want you to walk all over the store so you'll see everything else they have.

No comments: