Saturday, October 07, 2006

Soccer

I have been taking photos at my sons' soccer games for about 5 years now. At the end of the season I put the best ones on a DVD as part of a slide show/video and I also post them online each week. It takes some work but I have learned quite a bit by doing this. I haven't tried to make any money in the process though.

Last week, the older brother of one of the players on one of my sons' teams videotaped the game. He edited it down to about 35 minutes and gave out copies on DVD. He did a great job. He was back this week and will be doing the rest of the games but will be charging a small fee for the DVD. It made me wonder if I might be missing out on an opportunity, but generally I feel guilty about trying to get money out of soccer parents. But this season I think I may create some kind of team collage or life poster and offer that for a few dollars.



No comments: