Sunday, September 09, 2007

PhotoReviewer 2.1

I took about 550 pictures yesterday. Many of them weren't good for technical reasons -- out of focus, missing heads, nothing interesting in the shot, etc. Loading all those bad images into either iPhoto or Lightroom is time consuming and slows down the whole process of working with the good shots. PhotoReviewer 2.1 is an application which is designed to solve that problem. I like the way it works -- you can either use the Veto or Approve method to rate all the images, or you can set up specific folders and send images to those folders. The second method is an easy way to pick and organize the images you want to keep at the same time. I hadn't tried the application until today because I figured being able to rate the images in the photo organizing application would be good enough, but as I'm accumulating more images, the amount of space taken up by bad ones becomes an issue. And if I move up to a 12 megapixel camera, those bad shots will take up even more space.

No comments: