Sunday, March 11, 2007

A few similarities

I was watching the highlights of the Pac-10 men's basketball tournament where Bryce Taylor made all 11 of his shots, including 7 3-pointers. It got me wondering if he was related to the New Jersey high school player Brian Taylor. Turns out that he is -- Brian Taylor is his father and is now the principal at a charter school in Los Angeles. Brian Taylor was a star at Perth Amboy High School and I went to several of his games with my father, who was a sports writer for the Perth Amboy Evening News. Oddly enough, Brian Taylor and I have some things in common -- same first name, both born in June in Perth Amboy and both with a son named Brice (mine) and Bryce (his). That's where the similarities end though. He was a pro basketball player with several teams while I was fortunate enough to make my high school team. For a long time, he held the New Jersey high school record with 84 points in a game.

No comments: