Saturday, December 16, 2006

NFL Network again

I'm watching the Cowboys play the Falcons on the NFL network. It's a good game, but it is painful to listen to Dick Vermeil provide commentary. He has a bad case of laryngitis and should have stayed home. Bryant Gumbel's minimalist play by play technique is fine with me and I guess I have gotten used to the idea that he doesn't have one of those announcer voices that sounds like it's amplified.

I have never seen this happen before, but at halftime, they replaced Dick Vermeil with Deon Sanders and Marshall Faulk. Dick will try to come back on Thursday and do another game.

How come every time Bryant Gumbel mentioned that the guy he usually works with, Cris Collinsworth, wasn't at the game, he said that it was "planned in advance"? I guess because people say they don't like each other and have no chemistry.

No comments: